CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 24, 2008

When I Heard the learn'd astronomer By: Walt Whitman


The only thing that I like about the book is the illustrations, I think that the words are to hard to follow. When the book starts out the boy seems so excited to be there, until he enters the lecture hall. The little boy probably couldn't follow what the astronomer was saying. He wanted to explore the stars on his own. The illustration are so beautiful in this story, I think that it would be neat to just show students the pictures and let them make up their own story.

1 comments:

Mary Blake Daniel said...

I agree with the concept that this book could be hard to follow for the younger students. The illustrations are beautiful and I would do the same thing with my kids in the classroom by allowing them to read the book to me with their own words. I also think that this book could be used to introduce an art lesson for kids of any age, depending on how in depth you are wanting to go.