CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Los Gotos Black on Halloween By Marisa Montes


I think that there are some great things in the book that could be used in the classroom, as long as you are not "stepping on any one's toes", which could be possible. I think that it would be very important to talk to the parents before reading any type of topic that might be controversial. The illustration in this book are very detailed and original. I love the use of Spanish and English put in the story where a child could figure out the words using context clues. This is a great way to incorporate another language that would help make it more fun for the children. It would just be very important for the teacher to remind the students that this book in not real so that none of the student are scared, kinda like I was the first time I read it.

2 comments:

Cherise said...

I agree with you about possibly stepping on the parents toes. The book expresses themes that might not be appropriate for some families.

Carmen O said...

I agree, the book could definately offend some families. However, if the book is given the "ok" by parenets I do think that it would be a great book to read for Halloween.